Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Day






Ran out of paint
woke madeline up to be at mclendons when they opened
mclendons hardware ran out of paint
sherwin williams couldn't find me on file
sherwin williams found me on file
sherwin williams was reorganized by madeline while we waited to be found on file
came home to paint trying to rush before closet people arrived
spilled a little paint
asked madeline for a baby wipe
decided to get my own paper towel
all was too quiet
found madeline via a trail of paint
madeline used the baby wipe to dip into the can of paint and then proceeded to walk through the kitchen, dining room and living room.
i freaked out and threw her into the tub
i frantically scrubbed the carpet
i threw her very cute, now covered in green paint, pea coat in the wash
rudder shredded a (clean) diaper
i cleaned it up
madeline emptied a bag of cheerios all over the floor she wanted to give rudder some food
i cleaned it up
i vacuumed again
i swept up piles of dirt
madeline and rudder ran through themi
demanded that madeline sit on the couch
madeline rudder and I came upstairs to check my email
all was too quiet
madeline came out of master closet crying
madeline needed help removing the several pairs of bras and underwear she had wrapped around her neck
all before 1000 am
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Val said...

that is a rough day Lis...too bad you can't drink because you would have deserved one or ten! One of those days that'll make you laugh later though!

zaideafraidey said...

wow...she is such an angel when I have her!!! Val is right, you will look back on this fondly some day, another reason why women are certifiably whacky and should be found innocent for any type of murder!!

Lis said...

Oh, I thought it was funny ten minutes after. That's just a copy of the email I sent Kip. :-)

Sue said...

aaahhh - the EASY life of the stay-at-home-mom - You are FUNNY girl - and congrats!

Laurie said...

lolol I SO needed a laugh just now, thank you Maddie and Mama! And I'll have a drink for you ok? Pls get pix next time!!!!

Unknown said...

I love that you are a mom who can laugh at all that instead of being angry. Mads is a lucky girl.

Meg said...

What in the hell were you thinking trying to paint with a two year old around. Love the story and that it ALL happened before 10am. Wouldn't it be so much easier just to work full time:).