Monday, March 1, 2010

OK Kip, you win on this one

When we were designing our new master bath during our remodel Kip insisted on two things. One, that the toilet was in a separate room and two that we had a large shower with a bench in it. I kind of scoffed at number two. I wanted a tub. Today I decided Kip was correct.

I never get to take showers alone. Always, always, always there is someone in my arms or someone who is hogging the water. Not in this 8,000 square foot palace. We have three shower heads, two temperature controls and a convenient bumbo/Allie holder.

She didn't need a shower nor did she get one. But I had one. Alone. (sort of) and with hot water.

Okay Kip, you win on this one.

7 comments:

Katie said...

perfect.
and it looks like she even stayed dry in world's biggest shower!

Unknown said...

I hate to say it, but it is genius. And you're shower is so pretty!

Emily Locke said...

Sounds awesome! I have a hunch it is bigger than our entire bathroom.

zaideafraidey said...

what is it with the men in our family and the separate toilet room, Bob wanted that too but did not get it!! The shower seat is a great thing.

Meg said...

It's basically a mother in law...I'm in love with the big hugey shower. And hopefully one of these days you'll have it all to yourself. And ryan will never be getting a closed in toilet...I'd never see him again. Seriously.

Sue said...

why do men think that the closed-in toilet (or water closet) is a good thing?? just seems horribly stinky to me - and really, how much privacy do you really need????

Laurie said...

apparently, men cannot do bundles unless they are in own their own private world.