Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Wanted: Skis and Bindings

So today I had this awesome run around Seward Park. In the one lap that I did this girl lapped me three freaking times. I mentioned how depressing this was to Sonja. Unfortunately she pointed out the OLD man who had his running shorts pulled over his belly button and black socks up to his knees who had gone around TWICE during our one lap. I contend I had a LOT of blanket adjusting and poop picking up to do.

What does this all have to do with skis and boots?

Well, since I was already almost at I-90 (we ran around Seward Park) I figured it would be the perfect time to hold Sonja hostage so she could help with the girls while I purchased a helmet for Madeline. Unfortunately for me I left there with boots, a very cute jacket and said $30 helmet. So much for not spending so much $ this month. Also unfortunately all three girls (Sonja too) were crabby and I had to pack everyone up in a hurry. We didn't buy any skis or bindings. All I have to say to Madeline is happy freaking birthday. Skiing is expensive.

And Allie, sorry to say but unless you start growing RAPIDLY, you're in for a world of hand-me-downs.

5 comments:

Meg said...

I am bananas over that Spider jacket. Look how happy she is! Maybe we could get Hadley's jumping school to focus a bit on skiing? Otherwise, we'll be waiting for you guys, with hot cocoa, in the lodge.

Laurie said...

She certainly looks delighted with her gear. Crazy donkey, I'm all for the hot cocoa in the lodge part of it. Hads, just learn to jump a couple of inches off the floor, that's all you will ever need.

Katie said...

psh, tell Hads that if she takes up skiing she doesn't actually need to be able to clear the ground at all - gravity does most of the work!

and yes skiing is crazy expensive, but so much fun - and i still wish that our parents had taught us when we were that little, so it would have been that much more fun to learn! :)

zaideafraidey said...

I did not get the see the jacket but the helmet is even cuter in real life. Funny watching her walk in her boots that go up to her knees, Megs maybe not good for Hads as she could easily turn them into lethal weapons ala Kung Fu.

Emily Locke said...

Very cute! At least it looks like it will fit her for a while.