Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Under the Big Sky

Saturday August 14th Kip, Maddie, Allie, my dad and myself loaded into a friend's airplane and headed over to Eureka, Montana. The flight was uneventful, smooth and loaded with beautiful scenery.










Kip and my dad sat up front, with Kip flying. I sat in the back, plugged in my ipod and tried my best to ignore Madeline for an hour and a half.


Unfortunately we left pretty close to right after the girls had woken up so neither took a nap on the way over.





We arrived in Eureka around 9:00 AM and were picked up by my cousin Johnny, his wife Vicky, my aunt Theresa (who drove down from Calgary) and my aunt Pat (who drove down from Vancouver) And off we went to join the 50th wedding anniversary celebrations.










It was about 80 degrees over there so we decided to go and cool off in the river. The river was chilly. Allie does not like chilly.


Maddie? She was okay with it.












Allie preferred to sit and throw rocks. Nakedini of course.


Around 4:00 we headed up to get ready for the big party. My aunt Joyce and uncle Tom were having a catered dinner in the barn. A perfect place to take 800,000,000 pictures














Maddie of course found a dirt pile to slide around in. This is Cleary, her 2nd cousin (?) behind her.




And what dirt pile comes without a timeout or two? None that Madeline plays with.


Cousin Bridget snapping away


A few pics of the family. Of course Maddie did not want to leave her pile of dirt to join. (Thanks Bridget for taking pictures!)







I was obsessed with this barn. So beautiful.



















Give Allie a table to crawl under and she's happy as a clam.










The flirty head-tilt






Allie and second cousin Ryder










The guests of honor











We left Sunday morning around 630 to head back to Seattle. Allie fell asleep for the whole flight. Madeline in her true style fell asleep with 10 minutes to go. Another beautiful, smooth flight. It was a great trip to Montana and loved seeing all of my family that we don't get to see that often. Can't wait to be under the Big Sky again.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Love that barn. LOVE the head tilt (it's my patented move in pics LOL). Love the polka dots with preshy jean skirt. Love Pal's big blue eyes. :)

zaideafraidey said...

okay waaaaaaay too many to adequately comment on. Loved the flirty head tilt with Kips tilt just below. Heard Kip may be arrested for landing on a closed airport.....

Sue said...

what beautiful country - what a beautiful fam! and is borrowing a plane like using someone's car for a minute?

Sue said...

ps - how do i add your playlist to my computer????? you are my new hero!

Laurie said...

wow, what a great series of pictures! I knew Katie would love the 'head tilt' pic. I couldn't pick a fave, but top of the list is Mads' time out nose to the wall. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful day!

zaideafraidey said...

what did that angel do to get a time out in a dirt pile, you meanies!!

bgirl said...

loved having you all there. incredible shots lis.

xoxo