Monday, February 28, 2011

19 months

This was the look on Allie's and my face after the doctor informed us we had missed our 15 month appointment.  Ah, child number two. So sorry.





Checking out her battle wounds from the day... Fortunately Nonna has ice cream.



2 Weeks

2 months

 5 months

6 months


9 months

Well Pal,

Let's face it.  You've got a scatter-brained mama.  I have no idea 1) where I put the 12 month picture of you at the doctor...did I even take you?! AND 2) How I completely forgot about the 15 month appointment (maybe it was all of the Halloween candy I was inhaling?).  Regardless, so sorry.  You don't deserve it.  While not the total easy-going Pal that you were as a baby you still go with the flow and don't seem to be nearly as shy as your sister or Mama.  Sometimes when we're walking I see people smiling at us which makes me look down at you only to see you smiling and waving at complete strangers.  People seem drawn to you.  We hear how beautiful you are often. 

Maddie is your role model. (for better or worse)  Sippy cups and high chairs are so not cool.  I'm hoping the diapers follow suit soon too.  You're not a fan of having stinky dipes.  You crinkle your nose and let anyone and everyone know when you need your diaper changed.  Which is often.  Maybe it's the excessive carbohydrates you eat.  Bread, cheese and cereal are your main staples.  The other night you reached for a piece of broccoli and I about died.  I think the fact that it was covered in salt helped but we'll take it.

Ah, a perfect segue...salt.  Swimming lessons (in the salt pool...that works right? I tied the paragraphs together seamlessly) are going well.  You LOVE the water and have no problem doing eyes-in or going down the slide. Now we just need you to move.  You're a tiny baby with 4 gigantic floats on your body and you just sit there.  Run, run, run, reach and pull, reach and pull, reach and pull.  Miss Megan, your instructor assures me you're processing it and in no time you'll be moving.  You've got another month.  Tick tock.

Love you Pal.  Promise I'll take you to your 2 year appointment.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

lol, she seems to have survived missing the 15 month appt with no ill effects. Love the chair pix, that is such a great way to track how much they have changed.

She is an adorable pixie, wish I lived close by so I could see you all more often (or ever)

Sue said...

Rest assured, Lis, you are doing SO MUCH BETTER keeping track of your second child than I did - Poor Kirdy has mostly lies in her baby book because I forgot to write things down at the time - and photos??? hah! I think we found film in a drawer a few years back of Christmas 1979 ....

zaideafraidey said...

she is definitley developing her own darling little personality.

Meg said...

Pretty darn cute that girl. Big deal about the missed appt. NOt much changes between 15 and 18 months. I mean, seriously.