Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summertime

I'm feeling a bit old these days.  Why?  It was HOT today.  And yet, I couldn't bring myself to actually jump into the lake.  The lake looked cold.  But, that didn't stop us from:
driving boats and looking for "way-ulls"  (Whales).  Allie saw them.  I missed 'em every. single. time.


Paddle boarding. So much fun.  You must try it.


Freezing our naked peaches off in the lake (not me though, remember, I'm old)



Tiny little saltwater sandals on the dock. Seriously, SO. FREAKING. CUTE.

Swimming with all of our clothes on....

And then running around naked for the rest of the afternoon

Begging Alison to swim in the shallow end

Baby blue eyes...
This girl went from being freaked out on the boat to insisting on driving it. And driving to find whales.  And wanting to drive anytime big sis' wants to drive.

This little one is very concerned about "skun-screen."  She hates me putting it on, but then spends the next hour making sure I put enough on. She also likes to drive the boat.  Especially when lil' sis is driving. But, she's also content going very fast and watching the waves.  You cannot wipe the smile of her face when she's on the boat.

I LOVE this weather!!!!!!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

WONDERFUL pictures! Love those happy smiles. and any blog post that includes both "sandal-waters" and naked peaches is aces in my book.

I'm intrigued by the paddle-boarding. I saw someone 'boarding on Lake Washington by the U last time I was in Seattle. It looked so weird to see someone standing up and skimming across the water. But kind of fun. And something I will never be able to master (y'all know my history of falling down)

Katie said...

i want to be living your summer - it looks WAY more fun than mine! and i hear ya about being "old" - i used to be a jump-in-the-laker, now i think i'm a wait-til-the-water's-warm-er too... :)

Unknown said...

So freaking cute! And I love the little salt-water sandals picture. Nothing cuter for a kid! It's super cold water here too, although I did pony up and jump in last weekend. Not sure it was worth it!

Sue said...

You build some sturdy girls! Hurray for the nakedini and sandal waters! and the way-ulls! I miss those days!

Meg said...

Lucky ducks. I wanna live on the lake.