Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Two Years Old

Allie,


You're two.  It baffles me that you have been with us for two years already.  Time has FLOWN by.  You, my baby girl, are nothing what I imagined you were going to be like when you were floating around in my tummy.  I expected a cautious little girl.  Instead I have a little one who loves to fling herself off of things, has absolutely no fear of swimming (repeat line one...jumping into the pool has got to be on your top 5 of all time favorite activities), refuses to eat anything other than bread and cheese, and is not shy.  You complete our little family.



You love to follow your sister around.  You also love to harass her.  You're a bit manipulative.  You know how to push her buttons and you have no qualms doing it either.  Just like your sister you love to play with trains but I must say Dora is your favorite.  Maybe I'll have two little spanish speaking girls.  Speaking of which, you can recite your ABCs (and now think it's hilarious to say them as fast as you can), can count to 15, draw circles, and "write your name".  You little Pal, are smart. 



And when I say "write your name" what I really mean is uncap as many pens as possible and draw all over your body and the couch and maybe, if you're feeling up to it you'll scribble something on a piece of paper.  But only if Maddie was reaching for that piece of paper.



Everyone loves you.  You remain "The Pal" to most.  However, you have started saying, "no way" when people ask you to do things you don't want to do.  Including your swimming instructor the other day.  She had absolutely no idea what to do with that one.  She tried multiple times to get you to practice your kickers and you remained steadfast in your "no way" comment.  But a trip down the slide was all it took to get you to snap out of it. 


There are so many things I want to remember about this sweet age.  You are growing up SO fast Allie.  We love you "so so so so so so so so so much" (your favorite expression)

Happy birthday sweet girl.

photos by Luuvu  (high res images to come)

7 comments:

Laurie said...

darling pictures and tribute to a darling little girl. I LOVE that her nickname is Pal, we used to call little Tony that when he was her age. She sounds like the PERFECT little sister, button pushing, following around, saying no and all. Just wish I lived closer so I could know this cute mouse better.

jillybean said...

I too can't believe its been two years since you were born. Some of my favorite memories include the day you were born and Kip's frantic calls to get in touch with Zaide to let her know you were arriving. Then Aunt Meg driving like crazy to get Zaide to the hospital in time to be there when you arrived -- which she did. I love it when something is explained to you and you take a deep breath in and then say ohhhhh.... Even though your sister Maddie is very strong willed there are times that you match her that department -- or, come running saying 'Maddie did it'. You are a blessing. Love you forever and always. Nonna

Sue said...

Oh I love all these tributes to Pally - she is the epitome of the perfect second child - Look out world - Here comes TWO!!!

Kathleen Mullaney said...

she looks a lot older than she did last week when she was only one!

zaideafraidey said...

Lis, Allie is just as you describe her and more. She is such a sweet little girl with a glint of all things fun and wonderful. She will def. be her own little person and how fun to see who that person is becoming. Probably, thank goodness none of my gkids took after me BUT does anyone else see a little B-Z in the second to last pic with the straight bangs and blunky eyes. You must help me get one of these pics.

Katie said...

love this post! love this girl! little sisters are the bestest!!!

Laurie said...

B, I agree that Pally does look like you at that age (at least she does until Lis pulls out some of HER baby pix, then I think the Separated at Birth Theory is shot down)