Sunday, December 11, 2011

Another blue bird day

I know, enough about the skiing already. 
Kip played hooky on Friday and we headed up to the mountain again.  It was the first time Kip and I had ever been skiing alone.  And it was So.Much.Fun.  We had the mountain to ourselves and Kip is so much more adventurous on skis these days so we headed out to the back country, topped out at 61 MPH on the groomers (yes, we bought an app...total dorks) and we snuck down the mountain multiple times to spy on Maddie.  What made me most happy that day was Kip wanted to spy on Mads even more than I did. 

So not only did Kip and I have the mountain to ourselves, Maddie had two instructors for most of the day to herself.  She has "graduated" from the yellow group and now moves onto green which means she goes up the big lifts and goes down real runs.  We were talking on the way down from the mountain about how awesome she's doing and how much fun it will be when Allie joins us.  Maddie asked if she had to ski with us or if she and Allie could go off alone.  Kip and I were dying...and I was a little sad that she's already ready to ditch me at 4.  I thought I had a few more years at least!


That's Kip on the left side of the picture



5 comments:

Laurie said...

cute proud parents! Love her snowplow, save these movies for showing to Bob Costas when she is competing at the Olympics.

Also love how she is planning to ditch you two. Before you know it, she will be riding the chairlift with her BFF, sneaking cigarettes. Not that I know anything about that
:-)

jillybean said...

I feel proud as well. Maddie is doing great.

Katie said...

Oh that pic of Kip smiling is SO good.

and I'm jealous. i miss skiing. :(

Unknown said...

So cute your little family. And for a second I thought you'd taken a picture of Bob. Crazy how much he and Kipper are looking alike. Love that you had a ski date with your husband.

Meg said...

Tears. So cute. No wonder you are so proud. God, I would love to be ditched by my kids. With a bottle of peppermint schnapps. My christmas wish.
I wanna be a skiier again!!!