Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Festivities

What a year...

Other than the snot that runneth over this was by far our easiest, most mellow, most fun Christmas yet.  We started off at my mom's for Christmas Eve.  Good food, good company, and the thrill of knowing Santa was en route.


Every time I see these two I wonder why we don't get together more often. They slip right into the role of BFFs seamlessly. Ryder and Maddie share a love of trains.




Opening the loot from Nonna.  These two girls got their own baking sets.  The cutest baking sheets, muffin tins, rolling pins, etc from Sur La Table.  I tried to convince my mom that the stuff should stay at Island Dr so they could bake there.  No dice.


Allie has been obsessed with wearing this little bunny hat.


After staying just a tad too long (read: late...past bedtimes) we headed home and waited for Santa.  And boy did he arrive.


Uncle Chris, Aunt Sophia, Aunt Sonja, Aunt Jamie, Pofo, Nonna, Zaide, Baba, and Zach showed up to watch the present opening.

Unfortunately for Jamie, Chris arrived before her so she got a nice view...even more hilarious was as he was mooning her Baba and Zaide rolled up.


Allie has apparently been taking notes from her dad:

The girls totally lucked out this year.  Barns, medical kits, artsy stuff, iPad, you name it.  They cashed in.


But the real reason Sonja, Jamie, and Zach were all here was the big reveal of their gift.  (sam couldn't/wouldn't wake up)

THE LADIES


After present opening and hanging with the chickens for as long as possible we went to go and gorge ourselves on more food at my mom's.  Everything was relaxed and perfect.  Allie enjoyed her favorite past time of putting on shoes.


And then home to play with the hens.  For five hours.  I kid you not.  Maddie stayed in the coop for five hours.  Allie played upstairs with her new barn from Pofo while Kip and I dismantled the tree.  After noticing that things were a little too quiet I went to check on Allie.  She had crawled into bed and was taking a nap.  Who do you belong to child???

And for the grand finale.  Monday we headed up to the Davis' cabin for Zaide and Baba Christmas.  It's so nice to not have to rush around on Christmas day.  And plus, who doesn't like a whole extra day of Christmas?





By far my most favorite Christmas gift.  Zaide and Baba worked with the girls on making this beautiful garden art.  It's residing in the plant in my room right now and makes me smile when I look at it.


After the present opening Maddie wanted to show off her skillz to Zaide so we headed up to the magic carpet at Snoqualmie.  This girl rocked it.  She wanted steeper and deeper.



Hadley was a little hesitant at first but warmed up to the idea.  She took a few "runs"



I mean, literally, she ran down the hill.




And that's it.  Merry Christmas and thank you to everyone who made this year so special.



6 comments:

Laurie said...

That looks like pretty much the perfect Christmas. And a peaches shot makes it even better. Happy New Year to the D-D's! love you guys!

Sue said...

Are you home now?? I want to come by with your gift - I am lame - missed B-Z before she left for the cabin.

Val said...

Oh I loved seeing all these pictures! Christmas at the cabin looks perfect, LOVE the picture of Hadley running down the hill- who is that wild girl? So fun!

Kathleen Mullaney said...

love seeing all your christmas pictures!!!
Kathi

Meg said...

Great pics...as always. A very merry xmas it was. Love the top pic of Al.

bgirl said...

you are inspiring me to pick my camera up.

please please please send me the sweet shots of Ryder and Mads. and let's get a date on the calendar soon!

xo