Tuesday, January 31, 2012

31/366

Today is my dad's birthday.  Having kids of my own now makes me realize how much he did for us, how patient he was with us, and how awesome he was.

My dad made it a point to be home for a family dinner almost every single night (that I can remember).  He took my brother and I up skiing every.single.weekend (a feat I now have way more respect for).  He let me crash as many cars as I did (there were a lot) without EVER yelling at me (even when I backed my jeep over the TOP of his recently restored jaguar).  But one of my favorite memories is wearing his giant t-shirts as PJs. 




Seeing her wear my shirts brings back so many happy memories.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Pretty darn cute. Dad's are the best. My driving memories of my Dad aren't so grand. But I am sure you're not surprised. However...I loved wearing my dad's 'big shirts.'

Laurie said...

that's sweet. Your dad is a saint. you BACKED OVER his Jag? I would have murdered you :-)

zaideafraidey said...

Meg I think you actually wore your dads big shirts all through high school!!