Friday, February 24, 2012

55/366

Can you tell how thrilled she is about her spring break? Yup, that's a passport picture. I was so hoping to replace her alien baby passport pic with a cute almost five year old picture. It was not in the cards today. 

Instead we spent an HOUR at Costco with a freaked out (more like enraged/frustrated) mom, an over-the-phone therapy session with dad, and a young Costco employee wandering how he got stuck with us.

 We started our morning with an adventure to Woodinville. Except googlemaps suck and we were driving for an hour and a half for what should have been a 30 minute trip. We ended up very west when we should have been very east. Regardless, we got our stuff done and headed towards Costco. I knew there was one in Kirkland but once again I followed my phone to a Costco aka FRED MEYER. So back onto the freeway (I am sure there's a more direct route but I was going with what I knew) and over to the Kirkland store. We waited 20 minutes for it to open and proceeded inside giddy about getting our picture taken. And then all that giddiness was replaced with utter horror that a STUPID BOY was going to take our picture. After many pleas, body contortions trying to comfort her without being in the picture, and threats that she wouldn't get to go to Mexico all three of us headed back to the car, empty handed, and crying. It was awesome. I completely lost it. And I have never so badly wanted to ditch my kid. I didn't. I stayed calm. We talked and she promised to go back inside and actually look at the camera. We did the walk of shame and sheepishly asked for one more try (He earned his $5 today folks).

And here is our result.  But she's happy that she gets to go to Mexico.  And she's talking a big game with her dad that she is ready to have other pictures taken.  All I know is that it won't be me taking her to get them taken.

6 comments:

zaideafraidey said...

that can also be her mug shot when someone secrets contraband in her stuff to come back across the border.

Laurie said...

exactly my thought, perfect for that Mexican prison.

Make her dad take her next time, I have a feeling she'd be a perfect angel for him. BC that is what little girls do.

Mexico? I'm jealous. And I promise I'd sit nicely for a photo!

Sue said...

I love that girl - and her Daddy SHOULD be in charge of all outings of that nature.

Katie said...

i have a feeling this is kind of what she looks like in the midst of traveling anyways, so it's probably for the best that her passport photo looks like this! ;)

and you are a good momma for sticking that one out!

Meg said...

This better have been on a Friday...when you knew I was working...or else. Love your little Bonnie and Clyde mugshot.

jillybean said...

I have to agree that her new photo fits in the mugshot category but it is better than that baby photo that was on her original passport.