Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Kindergarten

First day of KINDERGARTEN. Can you believe it?

It seems like yesterday we brought you home from the hospital, first time parents with no clue what we were doing-shocked that we were being allowed to just take you with us.  I felt overwhelmed but so happy that I got to be your mama.

It took me awhile to come to terms with being a Mama.  What a strange new title filled with responsibilities that I didn't always feel prepared for.  But now? Five years later, I look back and smile ear to ear.  You and your sister are my everything.  I am fulfilled beyond words.

Every milestone, your first smile, laugh, the first time you walked, everything documented, everything made me so proud.  Today marked your first day of "real" school and I couldn't be more thrilled for you.  The zest you have for life, the insatiable yearning you have to absorb everything in your environment and the desire you have to learn is awe-inspiring.

We live our life in phases. When one ends, another begins. Change is constant and life is short. So seize the moment and live life to the fullest, have no regrets.

I have learned so much from you Maddie.  I have learned how to love unconditionally, how to forgive, how to enjoy the small things in life, how to notice the small things in life.  I can't wait to see what this next year brings for you.  I know it will be good little one.  I love you to the moon and back.  Happy first day of school, and good job working in some ice cream in exchange for having your picture taken.




3 comments:

Laurie said...

hard to believe she is now a kindergartner.

Happy beginning of your school career, Maddie! I'm sure you will enjoy every minute of kindergarten and find much success in school.

Kathleen Mullaney said...

Beautifully said Lis. When they are giving awards for motherhood, you will be first in line.

jillybean said...

Maddie so loves school. I hope those feelings continue throughout her educational career. Her teacher and classmates are fantastic. Have a wonderful year at school.