Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy New Year!

As Madeline would say, "it's a huge-y!"

Some highlights of our year, it's late so I am sure I'll forget something big like the fact that we had a baby :-)

In January we moved back into our house, our furniture followed shortly after in May after being snowed in up at the cabin.

We found out in November that we would become a family of four. Allie Taylor Davis was born on 7.26.09

Our beloved Jilly Bean died in January of heart failure and cancer. Deciding that golden retrievers tend to die I adopted a black lab (they don't ever die right?) Kip promptly named him (much to my chagrin) Rudder. He says it's not a pilot dork name but instead a description of a lab's tail. Whatever.

Madeline turned two years old.

Kip turned 34.

I turned 28.

Kip, Maddie, Sophia, Chris and I flew up to Tofino, B.C. to visit my dad and Sam on the boat. We had a fabulous time. On the way home, in IMC (Instrument meterological conditions-now I am a pilot dork) we lost our attitude indicator (kind of important). Kip, cool and calm as ever got us home safely.

We went to Mexico for Thanksgiving. It was wonderful and I am ready to go back.

Madeline is still terrified of Santa and in LOVE with Thomas the train.

My BFF Siri and her boyfriend Yazid are buying a house down the street. Very excited.

Allie is waking up now so time to end my year in review. It was a good one, how about we leave it at that? :-)

7 comments:

zaideafraidey said...

wow Ms Fancy they were some pretty clever sequences. Loved all the pics and looked as though you captured it perfectly.

Laurie said...

wow what a year and what a slideshow! I thank Jebus every day for the internet and blogs, so I can feel like I know our growing family even though I'm on the wrong side of the state. Love you guys (and isn't it amazing how much Allie has grown in just a few months?! Doc office chair pix 4ever!)

Sue said...

that WAS huge-y - you make me cry and cry

Emily Locke said...

Great pictures! Huge Y indeed!

bgirl said...

such a great year, we miss sweet jilly bean. we too LOVE mexico and are thrilled that 3 is now 4 in your household.

love you and happy new year!
b

Katie said...

busy year and super cute piccies!

Laurie said...

BTW kudos to your MIL for knitting that AMAZING pillow! I'm so proud of my knitting sister!