Thursday, January 21, 2010

Puddle Hunting


For two years now we have had "Zaide Wednesdays" and I swear every Wednesday Zaide comes up with something new and exciting for these girls to do. Most of them seem too exhausting to even try and attempt. Yesterday the girls made "puddle hunting" caps and explored the neighborhood for some water and mud to stomp in. I don't know about Hadley but this was definitely Madeline's dream come true. I think she's part Demco, part Davis and part Golden Retriever. I'll also throw it out there that not only did Zaide take these pictures but she also emailed them to me!

8 comments:

zaideafraidey said...

those hats were our puddle finding hats and you can see in the top stick that Mads found a water stick. It was great fun in the puddles, and you are abs right about Mads, stomping in puddles is a dream come true. We all should have prayed for a bit more rain though...

zaideafraidey said...

oh I forgot to explain the hats the girls made (Megan made fun os me) the qtips were our water finding antennae, the snow balls were to melt in case we couldn't find any h2o, and everyone knows dinosaurs are keen water finders.

Unknown said...

First, Zaide, I'm so proud that you both took digital pictures and managed to email them. You are on your way auntie. Second, that is the greatest game you've ever come up with. Who else but you would come up with puddle hunting hats. Love you!

Unknown said...

Oh and third, I love that you just called your daughter part golden-retriever!

Michelle said...

I love my friend BZ and she does have the best ideas in the world. When I was a little girl my mom would only let me step in ONE mud puddle a day. I can still remember looking at each and every one of those puddles trying to decide which one would be worthy of my daily allotment. I was a dorky kid but apparently very complaisant.

zaideafraidey said...

I cannot take much credit on the downloading and emailing of the pics, Ry was a big help, BUT I actually did send these to Lis, only hope I can remember for next time.

Laurie said...

BEST GRANDMA EVER. The rest of us have no chance, when I get g-kids I will just have to fly Zaide over for Zaide days. Or have her write a book of great ideas. I may have to use this one for the boys, they heart puddles (as do all boys & Mads).

bgirl said...

LOVE it, lucky lucky girls