Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Birthday Fun

On her actual birthday Maddie had a nice long visit with Zaide, took a nap, woke up from her nap to open presents from Uncle Chris and Auntie Sophia, went to swimming and got a fish (the coveted good girl prize) and then home for mac and cheese.

On Sunday we had a family party for her. Kip guilted me into making the smores cupcakes. They are pretty tasty. I sent most of the leftovers with him to work this morning. Had they stayed there would have been trouble (for me). Too good to let sit on the cake stand.

Um, I am thinking the chiropractors of the world are cringing at this picture.

Who needs candles when you have the biggest cupcake in the world? ( I think Zaide, Megan and my mom die a little inside each time I fail (which is every time) in the present wrapping/card writing/remembering to buy candles duties. What can I say...at least I write thank you notes :-)

The morning after...

7 comments:

zaideafraidey said...

ummm...I am thinking the cake baker was supposed to remember the candles (which I had specifically bought and forgotten) but if you want to take the blame...
You are a grand note writer which I don't think you should do for things from us, but I enjoy them so that I can't let you off the hook. Great pics, really love the one of GG and Allie. Backpack and peaches is a winner too.

Laurie said...

Love Dora the Naked Explorer! and sorry I wasn't there for the party, it looks grand. I need to get this little naked angel something for the big 3rd birthday...

Katie said...

looks like an awesome b-day celebration! she is such a big kid now!!! (and of course who wouldn't love the naked explorer...) :)

Emily Locke said...

I love the backfloating one. What a little fish! Looks like a great birthday, and those brownies look to die for!

Sue said...

You will have to get a "birthday bone" candle like we have - it goes in EVERY cake - unless, of course, the birthday person is terrified of it . . .

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Maddie! Love the pics Lis, and the naked explorer. Oh, and I love the music addition to your page. Totally rocking out right now!

bgirl said...

LOVE it all. happy happy birthday mads! lis please PLEASE send me those cupcake recipes. mmmmmmm!