Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Nine Months

I couldn't pick which picture I wanted.

The stats:

Allie:

26 3/4" (24%) 17lbs 13.5 oz (30%)

Maddie:

38" (50%), 31lbs (50%) BP: 70/40

The appointment:

I was running around frantically trying to get out of the house on time when I realized (shocker here) that I couldn't find my keys. I realized that they were in Kip's car. Kip's car was in Ballard. I tried calling my mom a few times, no answer. Sam my lovely 18 year old brother was kind enough to answer his phone AND drive my spares (both of them were at my mom's house...weirdo) to me. We made it to our appointment about 5 minutes late. Not too bad. While checking in the receptionist asked, "why are you here so early?" Huh? early? I'm late! (this is where I begin to inwardly groan) "You're appointment isn't until ten"

That's the start. Okay, whatever Valley has some fountains. We'll go check those out. Hour killed no problem. Kip manages to meet up with us (thank god) and we proceed to the appointment. Madeline refuses to be weighed or measured. Allie is looking at her like the freak that she is. Finally I tell Kip to lay Madeline down on the table so that we can just pin her and mark her head and heels on the paper and get it done that way. After she calms down she informs us that Allie can go first with her shots and blood test. I was inwardly groaning again when the nurse mentioned that we needed to prick M's finger to get a little vial of blood. The girl flipped out for measurements and BP but sat there and didn't say a word when we had that procedure done... Anyhow the rest of the appointment was uneventful. Madeline refused to draw a circle, count, tell the doctor if she was a boy or girl, say her name, or really do anything other than answer, "what color is this?"

3 comments:

Laurie said...

oh Maddie, don't you know this stuff goes on your PERMANENT RECORD???!!! Love those chair pix, that was one of Meg's better ideas, and glad you are doing it too. These little girls just couldn't be cuter. And I love how much of a crazed mom you are :-)

zaideafraidey said...

Lis life will never be boring...and that is a good thing! Love obstinate little Miss M, that is so her if she chooses. I am trying to get both girls to be more interactive in group activities. We are the only ones at the library that will do nothing with Miss Jennifer (but hide our heads in Zaide's armpits) So yesterday they had to "work" for their pbutter cookie. They had to ask for more and "sign" for more. Of course Hads is signing all over the place (sugar is on the line people) and Mads absolutely refuses (to be bullied this way). No cookie for you missy. Than later on in the morning everytime I look at her she is frantically signing for more (too late cookie devoured!!)

Sue said...

She is hilarious - and you will be glad - although tired - that she is an independent thinker. And you sound like you are suffering from Yoing Mother Retardation (I know it's not pc - but whaddya gonna do?)