Monday, October 18, 2010

Oh how they love to spite me




I wanted to be able to share the "joy" of feeding our girls with Kip...especially the joy of a 3 AM feeding. Our pediatrician recommended that we wait until Maddie was one month old before introducing the bottle so that she wouldn't become confused or lazy. Apparently babies are lazy and bottles are easy. So at 30 days old I brought out the bottles and my excitement. I was quickly defeated. Maddie was not into the bottle. I researched different brands, how to best give it to her (if I was out of the picture) all to no avail. She would not take the bottle.
Then came Allie. I figured, screw the 30 days I am going for this immediately. It didn't work.
So, of course now both of them love going to the bottle drawer (yes, we have a whole drawer devoted to this failure) and filling bottles up to drink. Oh yes, how they love to spite me.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

rotten girls. Of course they love the 'bottsie' now that they can make their own. I knew Katie was getting too old for hers when she could open it, get the kool-aid out of the fridge, pour it and screw the lid back on w/o spilling a drop.

Meg said...

Was the kool aid in the kool aid man pourer? I was always so envious of that. Lis, they just knew you weren't serious about it...if they would have starved...they would have figured it out. They are way smarter than us, that's all.