Friday, January 21, 2011

Cankles, thankles, and other important life lessons

My, it's been a long week. I am thinking of changing the blog's format to more of a Q & A, advice, tips, etc... type blog because after this week I've seen it all. First up, why you should not have cankles. They get stuck in crib bars. Maybe this should instead be labeled why you should not use antique cribs that have bars that your cankles can get stuck in. Either way you want to look at it is fine:



It was all fun and games until that foot had to come out. I panicked a little bit...came to my senses and instead of contorting her foot into all sorts of crazy positions I simply pulled the bars apart and voila!



For our next installment:

  • What do you do when your one year old hits you?
  • Nutella and habanero flakes...what do they have in common you ask? Well nothing unless a 3 year old decides to feed a 1 year old the peppers and you need something to temper the flames that a 1 year old will actually eat through her screams and tears.
  • What do you do when your one year old doesn't like the cereal you picked out for her and she decides to chuck the entire bowl across the table?
  • What do you do when your three year old tries to sneak by you with her hands behind her back? Well, duh! Check it out!!
  • What do you do when you check out what the three year old is hiding only to realize there's a nice trail of blood behind her?
  • What do you when you follow that trail of blood to a very large kitchen knife and a mangled apple?
  • And finally, what do you do when your three year old refuses to take a nap because she's not tired and yet falls asleep at 5:00 when you're driving to the gym? D-A-I-L-Y.
  • Can't wait for this rain to stop. We need to burn off some energy.

4 comments:

zaideafraidey said...

oh my goodness, good thinking on the pulling the bars apart, not so sure I would not have gone to the foot contortions. Probably can thank Zaide for those cankles - sorry Als. Now oh my god on the big hugee knife, just thankful I am only trying to kill them by not attaching the car seat to the car...

Katie said...

Man, sounds like a busy week in the Davis house!!! jeez!

glad no one died! :)

Laurie said...

just a typical week with the ladies, I'm sure. LOVE the sneaky Mads with the bloody stumps for fingers! No good advice for you, other than to lock them out in the backyard for an hour or so, even if it is crappy outside.

Meg said...

Okay, is it just me, don't you just need to turn her foot the other way...and wah-la...it's out? Maybe I'm making things too easy. Or maybe you've gone crazy being housebound. I would have left her trapped in there...she didn't seem too bothered. Think of all you could have gotten done.