Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Third time's the charm

I wasn't expecting this. At all. We go to swimming two days per week, Mondays and Wednesdays. Kip has Mondays off so I have some help when it comes to trying to force a 17 month old into a bathing suit, swim diaper and four floats (not to mention the actual pool) and trying to get a 3.5 year old OUT of the pool when it's time to go home.

Maddie and I had a pep talk before we got to the pool. Well, not a pep talk per se but she got the message when I said, "you pull any of your stunts again we're not coming back. Ever."

I am a paranoid Paula when it comes to being late for things. On time equals 15 minutes early. SO, I had an errand to run and the car needed gas so somehow I managed to show up at swimming 30 minutes early. 30 minutes to try and entertain a 3.5 year old who desperately wants in the water and a 17 month old who desperately is running for the door. Except, they surprised me. Maybe showing up early helped Allie. We sat and watched the lesson before ours. None of the other babies were crying. None of the other babies needed their mom to hold them down on the edge of the pool. So apparently she wasn't going to do any of these things either. She loved it! She hammed it up for everyone. She didn't cry when she went down the slide and her head went underwater, nor did she cry when they dunked her head in.

And apparently Maddie believed my threat. Now if only she'd take a nap!

4 comments:

Katie said...

yay Allie! and Maddie! :) so nice when things work out like that...

Meg said...

Not fair. Good job threatening them. I love when they work.

Meg said...

Oh, and Allie cat looks SO proud. I want to squeeze her.

Laurie said...

Yay!!! Pal does look like a happy camper and i love her layers of flotation devices. Good job on the threats, start perfecting the Vulcan Death Grip. It works great, leaves no marks and best thing is no judging people can really see you putting the grip on your child.

PS no need to mail prezzie, I'll be over soon. I love extending the holidays with late gifts :0