Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fall

This morning did not look promising weather-wise but when the sun popped out this afternoon I vowed I'd get to Coulon to take pictures with the amazing orange/red maple trees that dot the park.  After picking up Maddie from school, who was very excited to tell me about her very first field trip to the pumpkin patch, I was feeling optimistic that I'd have two well behaved girls.  I mostly did.  But a few times I thought about grabbing Allie and making a run from the little gremlin in the pink jacket.  It's 7:30 and she's asleep, so all is forgiven now.


Allie has had 2 solid days of "big girl undies" and she, and I, could not be more proud.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that we don't regress.




We met up with Hannah, Calvin and their new baby brother Joel.  I managed to only get a few shots of Hannah...the gremlin required a lot of attention and for whatever reason whining does not get me in the pretty-picture-taking mood.

She was happy as long as she got to hang out on the train tracks.  I was 99% sure the tracks are no longer used for trains but the nagging 1% had me a bundle of nerves and the balancing act was cut short so we could move to safer ground (i.e., a road with cars and a dock about 50 yards off shore)


Miss Allie loved the ducks.  I think everyone in Renton knows she loves ducks.  "HI DUCKS! HI! SEE YOU NEXT TIME DUCKS!"

(anything with wings is a duck by the way)

SEE YOU NEXT TIME!

3 comments:

zaideafraidey said...

love all these pics, Hannah is adorable. Looks like the field trip was a hit, cute in her sweater.

Laurie said...

So so cute! Love that sweater, did Zaide make it? BC she totes could knit that :-) Allie, ducks are CREEPY.

Meg said...

Your girlfriend already had ANOTHER one. Wow! Love your little gremlin and your little duck lover.