Friday, July 27, 2012

Blueberry Picking

Even though the girls never really stopped fighting I decided to be a fun mama and take the them to the Mercer Slough to go and pick berries. Allie picked out her new hiking shoes (pink sequined ballet shoes with a poofy flower on the toe box) to wear along with a ruffly dress.  Maddie was a little more practical...finally wearing shorts for the first time this summer.  Maddie is at the perfect age to berry pick. She could have stayed there all day.  Allie quickly announced to me, "Mom, you can pick a lot of berries and I will eat them."

And that was our day.  An hour of bliss for Maddie, an hour of way too much physical exertion for Allie, and an hour of getting eaten alive by mosquitoes by me.





3 comments:

Laurie said...

Could these gals be more different? You're right, 5 is the perfect age for berry picking. And Maddie should wear those striped shorts every day. I think I already mentioned how cute her little peaches look in them!

Sue said...

Love Mads cute peaches in the stripey shorts! I took Logan raspberry picking - it was perfect - she got the low ones and i got the high ones!

Meg said...

This sounds like a great idea...minus one Carson Prentice.