Friday, July 27, 2012

The Birthday Girl

My Little Pal, You have become quite the character. You look so sweet and so innocent and you have such a streak of pure malevolence. You tried to chop off Rudder's ear, you locked him in the bathroom and waited until after your poor mom wandered around the neighborhood looking for him to announce it, you routinely tell us you are pooping in inappropriate places etc.

And you do it all with a mischievous smile and a wicked glint in your eye.

And I couldn't love you more for it.

You may be my little trouble maker, but you're so darn clever. Your little observations on daily life, your ability to find inventive ways to harass your sister, your ability to be the sweetest little thing on the planet are just some of the reasons you shine so bright.

Three years old already and I am wondering how it has gone by so fast. You have grown into quite the young lady and I am so excited to watch you grow more. Everyday I am excited to see you at the door waiting for me to come home. Everyday you find a way to overflow my heart with love. Everyday I am thankful that you are mine.

I love you so so much

Dad




5 comments:

Laurie said...

awww so sweet. What a wild woman she is!

Katie said...

great post, dad! :)

Love this little devil-girl with her giant blue eyes and smirky smile.

Sue said...

I cannot imagine life without all the babies. Anyone with children is so blessed - even if they are she-devils . . .

Meg said...

Ah Kipper...love this. She is all of these things. And perhaps one of the most adorable little ladies I have ever seen. And I love when she yells at CAHSON.

zaideafraidey said...

Oh Kip, those little girls are so very lucky in who they got for a dad, they are such a combination of so much that is you. It is part of the joy I get in being around them. Your sentiments are beautifully said and I know heartfelt. Keep loving them and it will be returned to you tenfold.