Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Weekend In Snoqualmie


Originally we planned on going up on the boat this weekend but the crazy electrical storms prevented that. On Sunday we called up Baba and Zaide and headed over to the cabin. Instead of driving we thought it would be more fun to fly over so that we did. Here is Kip preflighting the airplane.


The windy airport!


Morning read with Uncle Kip and Zaide



We kept trying to make the girls kiss each other through the screen door. Hilarious!






The hike from hell: Mosquito city...way worse than I've ever seen!


The ol' timer trick. I set my camera on a tractor tire and then ran to take the shot. Normally when I do this all you see is Jilly's tail b/c she chases after me. We've gotten smarter in our old age and Kip now HOLDs her. What a novel concept!

It had been awhile since we'd taken Madeline flying so she was a little unsure at first. True to her ways though she fell asleep 5 min. later. After we got home she couldn't stop pointing at airplanes in the sky. It was pretty cute if I do say so myself.

9 comments:

Katie said...

those little blue adirondack chairs are sooooo cute! love those girls! and so impressed that you guys could fly up to Snoqualmie - where do you land? Easton?

Laurie said...

what a grand adventure! And the pic of the girls in the adirondack chairs is a def. keeper!!! But I wouldn't be as brave as Mads in that tiny plane, she is a trouper!

zaideafraidey said...

love the family photo, good job. Little pig face is pretty cute too. I can't believe that it was such a short time ago that you gave me those chairs and I couldn't imagine when they would fit in them, and here we are. Absolutley loved having you gus. Not sure if the hike was trip from hell or to hell as the mosquitos NEVER let up.
ps, Katie, they landed in a farmers field, he charged them $5.00.

sonja said...

the picture with her face pressed against looks like you lis

Laurie said...

Is the farmer's field a known landing site, or did you just pick it at random and then he decided to charge you five bucks? Sounds CRAZY! and that was mean Sonja, but exactly what a sister would say (pig face comment) lol

Lis said...

It was a field just east of Cle Elum. It was actually paved and NOT a farmer's field at all. It was just incredibly windy which made it seem more like landing in a farmer's field.

Meg said...

These are so cute, all the pics I love. Maddie in her little carseat with the plane in the background. You guys and your dorky family pic, and I can say dorky because I would do the same thing if I had a fancy camera. Love Mad's little earplugs. Love the girls kissing and sitting next to eachother in their chairs. It was so fun to be with you guys, except for the Mosquito Hike, nobody could have made that fun.
PS Sonja, you're funny.

Val said...

wow- flying to the cabin, that is fancy! love the kissing pics, looks like a fun fun weekend.

Hope said...

LIS!!! So bummed we missed you guys. That would've been a blast! I can't believe you guys flew - how shu-shu!! Such great pictures.