Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day...TO ME

I have really wanted to buy a prime lens for my camera for awhile. Finally, on Sunday, I went for it. Kip told me to stop being cheap and buy the freaking thing. When I went into the store they had a used one for $20-30 less than the new one I was buying so of course I agonized over my decision and begged the salespeople to make it for me. They wouldn't. Actually, I was kind of annoyed because I truly did just want their opinion which they wouldn't give. But, I went with the new one and I've been playing around with it. Still learning how to actually take pictures with some level of creativity. I was CONVINCED this would solve all my problems. It didn't but it's fun to play with at least! These were taken today about 2 hours into Madeline's nap and right before her swimming lesson that Sam so kindly took her to.

4 comments:

Meg said...

I think you were smart, it's not like $20 off is that much. Love the sleeping photos, you are pretty daring! And her little grump face before swim lessons kills me. I think the pics are fab!

Unknown said...

New is good. $20 isn't that good of a deal. Maddie sleeping = super cute. Love the new photos. You're inspiring me to go pick up a new camera lens...

bgirl said...

i have a 50mm prime lens that mathew got me for my bday and i too thought it would be a miracle lens and i still struggle with it. lets get together and pretend to be uber creative!

Laurie said...

can a lens make you a good photog? Cuz if so, I need a lens. Of course, I also need a camera you could put a lens on. Maybe that's my problem!