Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July Weekend

On Thursday 7/2 Kip, Madeline, Sophia, Chris and I headed up to Tofino, B.C. to meet up with my dad and Sam. We came home Tuesday 7/7. It was a fabulous trip with great weather and we're all exhausted. It's 8:00 and I think the three of us are heading off to bed.

Walking the docks with dad

The BEST park ever!

And the BEST pusher ever!

On our first full day in the area we rode out on the open ocean (per Chris' request) to take a shortcut to get to the hot springs. Chris' girlfriend Sophia was SEASICK CITY. He was definitely in her good graces. :-)

The hot springs were HOT. Too hot so no one stayed in for very long.

The boardwalk to get to the hot springs had all sorts of boat names that people carved into the boards. I thought this was funny. It was one of my top name picks. It was nixed.

My dad was definitely the chef of the trip. We were not allowed to cook anything. Unfortunately the same rules didn't apply for doing the dishes. This guy runs a tight ship.

Sam loved to sleep in late. With Madeline and Pofo around you don't get a lot of privacy on that front.

My big (literally, I am huge) dream for the trip was to make smores with the Fran's chocolate my mom sent up with us. They were every bit as good as I imagined.

Our white trash version of making sure the fire was put out.

We had it on a rock. That's steam not smoke.

Sam is very patient with Madeline. He graciously volunteered to carry our very sticky little girl back to the boat.

Life jacket: check (safety sue) Running around the boat: Check. Safe? Not so much.

Fakey Fakerson

A gift left by one of these two: I am guessing Chris because he really wanted me to look at my pictures on my camera. Good photography Chris.

6 comments:

bgirl said...

LOVE love love these!

Laurie said...

great pix Lis! You look SO adorable with your little round belly. Cannot wait to meet that new baby. And Rowan is such a cute name (and the best yarn brand EVER) too bad it was nixed. Just wondering why y'all spent US independence day in CANADA.

Meg said...

Looks like a great time, and absolutely gorgeous! Good job with the smores, don't know if I could have handled the stickiness...makes my heart race just thinking about it! Rowan is still my #1 vote, right after Alice. And tell Kip to get some suspenders...gross! Glad you guys made it home safe and sound.

Unknown said...

aw you are so cute with your belly!!! :) and i love the pic of Mads running on the boat. ~Katie

Sue said...

and I am SO relieved to see the life jacket - thanks for the shout out! xoxo

Katie said...

ps, Mads in that hoodie and jeans and sandals? SO cute.