Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A coveted spot







Maddie loves to feed the fish. And when I say that I mean that she loves to HAND feed the fish. Especially a nasty, frozen block of blood worms. She holds it into the tank, disciplines if the fish get a little too excited and then will PET the fish. It makes me cringe. I am the tank cleaner. I do not like to encourage the fish to come anywhere near me. I do not want to touch the fish. Kip can probably recall fondly a time when we were moving the tank to Island Drive during our remodel. One of the fish flopped out of the cup it was in and I panicked. Completely panicked. It was not a pretty sight. Anyhow, now when I go in the tank I have to thrash my hand around (part of the thrashing is voluntary and part a nervous tick) so no fish come near me.

7 comments:

Laurie said...

totes in your corner, Lis. I would DIE if a fish touched me. BTW, the fish are getting quite the eyeful of Mads' ladybits.

Lis said...

Lol. Everyone gets quite the eyeful of mad's bits.

Meg said...

I'm getting that girl pants for Christmas. And I agree, I would never let the fish touch me. I would totally panic.

Katie said...

fish are nasty. I am totally on your side here. touching is NEVER okay when fish are involved...

and i love that pantsless girl. so great.

zaideafraidey said...

ahhhhh, those are great peaches.

Sue said...

so looks like pics of Zaide at the same age! and I, too, agree about fish touching!

Emily Locke said...

These pictures are hilarious. Save them for her prom date.