Friday, April 29, 2011

Telling a girl she smells like fish has taken on a whole new meaning

It's been a rough week around the Davis household.  (I say Davis because as a Demco I would have never been this bad!)

Maddie went to her four year checkup on Tuesday which was fantastic.  She is a very nervous, shy little girl but she did everything the doctor asked her to do.  And then we got shots.  They were horrible.  Both for her and myself.  She cried and looked at me with eyes that screamed betrayal.  I felt horrible.  However, I know these only protect her from much worse things than the pinch of a shot so onward we march.

SO...

Maddie came into my room and smelled distinctly of fish.  She was covered in fish food flakes.  I followed the trail and came upon a disaster in her room.  Fish flakes everyone, along with water.  Fish food stinks and gets gummy when wet.  This was after I discovered her blinds cut, her comforter cut, and her hair (again) cut.  I know, the scissors are now WELL hidden.

Unfortunately, as of yesterday, when I truly was on the brink of losing my mind, I had not yet hidden the lime juice, elmer's glue, and dog food.  I don't even want to recap the horror.  The PTSD flashbacks are already threatening a very strong comeback.  Let's just say I was ready to pack my (or her) bags yesterday.  Today is a new day...let's hope.



cut window blinds


Cutting shapes out of your blankets...hey, no different than paper right?


So the only thing Kip and I can think of to do at this point (all toys, books, train table, have been taken out of her room) is to get some leaches to suck the evil back out of her.  Can you believe these bruises from the shots??


MADDIE! FIGURE IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

your very exhausted mama.

9 comments:

Laurie said...

poor Mama! What is up with Naughty Nora and the scissors? Maybe Zaids needs to have a special lesson about how we don't cut anything but paper.

The train table punishment must be killing Mads. Good job on being stern and putting her on Death Row...

Katie said...

yikes!!!

zaideafraidey said...

OMG I feel your exhaustion. Do believe you are on the right track, I hope Mads joins you soon. In the meantime pack her up and send her to Zaides anytime.

Sue said...

All can say is "Yowza!" - Take B up on her offer . . .

Unknown said...

WOW! You are a good mama for not immediately killing her. If you lived in Spokane, I think she would have been staying the night at the Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery (a nursery where you can send your child overnight so you don't kill them).

zaideafraidey said...

are there nurseries where you can send your child so you don't kill them all over? I have never heard of that.

Unknown said...

I think it might just be a Spokane thing. A guy started it when he read a story about a little girl (Vanessa Behan) who was killed because her single mother (?) couldn't handle her crying anymore and just snapped. He didn't want that to ever happen to anyone else. My favorite Spokane charity for sure!

Meg said...

I figured those bruises were from you...after you found this disaster. Noone would have blamed you. Seriously. You can tell us:).

Kathleen Mullaney said...

Holy Cow!!