Monday, September 26, 2011

WE.ARE.BACK!!

I had a rough week technologically speaking...My phone shattered, my headset for work broke, and my laptop bit the dust.  We're now back in business.  I got a new phone (and Kip is now a (gasp!!) iPhone user), headset is fixed, and I have my laptop back (albeit completely wiped clean of every single one of it's contents)

Maddie started pre-k this year.  It's Monday through Thursday from 9:15-3:15.  I thought I'd freak.  I thought she'd freak.  We both love it.  We continued a Davis tradition and made egg salad sandwiches for the first day of school.  And lucky Zaide got to drop her off for her first day of school!



We've been spending a lot of time at the lake.  Unfortunately given today's weather I think that's a thing of the past.  Maddie loves picnics so we had a few boat dinner picnics and dock picnics. Heaven for both girls.

I couldn't decide which picture I liked better.  Since I haven't posted in 2 weeks I'll just put them both up.  Her eyes are AMAZING.

Anytime Allie sees a plane she announces "Boo Angel" and covers her ears.

Maddie continues to love the boat.  I can always guarantee a real smile when we're out on the water.

And when I have Kip trapped in a small, confined space I make him take my picture.





And I force him to take pictures with me.


He's extra happy now that he and Chris installed a new stereo.  We blasted some rap yo to accompany our dinner.


It only took three months but this girl finally walked on the lake bottom.




Neighborhood basketball games make me happy. Just to watch. No one wants me on their team.

Bossing dogs around makes Maddie happy.

Handing out a lot of kisses makes Allie happy.

And buying these two flowers every Saturday makes Nonna happy.

Yay! So happy to have a computer again!!

9 comments:

zaideafraidey said...

hooray you are back. Sorry to hear about all the tech difficulties. Kip with an i-phone I might have to be next. LOVE those peaches and all the pics.

Emily Locke said...

yay! welcome back. I'm glad to see Maddie following the south shore legacy. do they still have the striped carpet??

Laurie said...

HOORAY!!!! We have missed you and the peaches girls! Wow, that is an intense pre-K schedule ALL DAY. What a big girl. And you are right, Pal's eyes are amazing.

PS Cara and Tony would not let me get an Iphone, bc I am too spazzy with the thumb typing. So Zaids, there is NO chance for you. Get a Blackberry Storm, it has a keypad plus the touchscreen, better for us olds.

jillybean said...

Thank goodness for the updated blog and photos. I love the Demco-Davis family commentary with the beautiful photographs. It is too bad that our short summer is now over. I look forward to regular input on this blog now that you are back in business with your computer.

Katie said...

Hurray! SO glad yall are back! :) Looks like you've been busy busy!

can Nonna buy me those pretty flowers every Saturday? ;)

Unknown said...

So happy to see you back on Lis! Could Maddie look any more excited for school? And is Allie excited for her or excited to get Zaide all to herself? I'm not sure. :)

zaideafraidey said...

Al's is definitely top dog now. Does not have to share her doughnut (unless she is feeling sorry for Carson) but still as cute and sweet as ever.

Kathleen Mullaney said...

Hi Lis
The new photos are amazing as usual..........so much fun and school too! You must be very happy.
Kathi

Meg said...

Great recap. Would love to see these girls in person:). And their peaches.