Saturday, August 24, 2013

Rainier, OR

We went on quite the adventure today with Siri, Yazid and their nephew: A crazy animal farm in Rainier, Oregon. We saw tons of critters, both girls initially, much to my chagrin, were obsessed with seeing the free-roaming chickens but we soon had fun seeing a fox, armadillo, albino snake some crazy gross Amazonian turtle, a baby raccoon and who knows what else.  It was fun.  It was long.  Both girls were a tad on the wild side. But I am SO happy we got to experience it.  And I am SO happy that they're both SOUND asleep now. 




Of  course she caught a cricket while we were getting ready to leave in Seattle...
 







They had goats, chickens, peacocks and a very large great dane roaming the property.  Apparently the goats live inside and tend to act like dogs.
























 Maddie loved to document as much as she could with Siri's phone.  I am sure Siri is having a blast deleting 1000s of pictures off of it.







And we ended our visit with a little visit




Which these two thought was HILARIOUS



3 comments:

Lindsay Soetaert said...

That armadillo was so cool. Not sure I'd hold those animals, but looks like the girls had a blast!

Laurie said...

Omg I broke out in a cold sweat looking at these pictures. Terrifying ESP that armadillo! I would have fainted.

jillybean said...

What a wonderful day you all had. Love all the creatures that you got to look at and hold. I'm with the folks that just want to look and not touch. I love the goat who wanted to come home with you guys.