Tuesday, April 21, 2015

8!

Some birds are not meant to be caged. Baby girl, I cannot believe you are 8. Your feathers are so bright, your song is so sweet and soulful. 

You are still my nervous nelly, but we've learned to adapt and tell you EVERY SINGLE TIME we move in the house. You are insightful, knowing when someone is hurting and offering them your sweet embrace. You know how to irk your sister. You do not know how to ignore her when she irks you. Still I find you snuggled up to her almost every night, both of you covered in sweat, yet still holding her close. You call me mama and I hope you never stop. Your list of loves is long. Although you're not always a fan of change. (Who is?) 

I love you. 
I'm proud of you. 
And I'm so thankful you picked me to be your mama. 
(And thank you for always willing to pose for my pictures)




3 comments:

Kathleen Mullaney said...

just beautiful!

jillybean said...

Dearest Maddie,

MAKE MUD PIES
JUMP IN PUDDLES
CLIMB TREES
LIE IN THE GRASS
DREAM BIG
BUILD A FORT
RUN BAREFOOT
SLAY DRAGONS
PLAY IN THE RAIN
REACH FOR THE STARS
IMAGINE
TREAD LIGHTLY
SLEEP SOUNDLY

.....April BrightBax

All my love forever and always,

Nonna

Sue said...

Happy birthday Mads! I cannot believe you three goons are 8!!!!!!