Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Prescolar Alice Francis







(sorry this one is out of order...this is her "pez" (fish) picture that she drew at school

























Maddie had her first day of preschool today! I got a picture halfway through her day from the director that said, "she's doing fantastic." It was taken next to the train table, are you shocked? Maddie surprised me. I thought she'd be full of trepidation about going to school for four hours but she was SO excited and couldn't wait to leave the house this morning. I wasn't emotional either, except for the small happy dance I did when I dropped her off. Allie and I toured the city and had a fun four hours one on one. When we went to pick up big sis' we were greeted by a very excited little girl who immediately told me, "mama, i want to go back to school." I am considering refinancing the house so she can go full time :-) We got home around 1:15, had some grapes and went up for a nap. She is still sleeping. It's now 4:30.

this is her summary of the day:
I played basketball
we sang songs
I colored
I didn't speak spanish, I just listened.
I had lunch. I had chocolate milk.
I had fun.
I sat next to the teacher.

9.14.2010


7 comments:

zaideafraidey said...

You do not know how hard it is to see this, I do not want them growing up so fast....but how exciting for you all and of course I love that they adore school. Wonderful that you get Allie time, I can't wait to hear all about it tomorrow. Hads got to be line leader today, she was excited too.

Laurie said...

oh LOVE this, the girls are getting too big, but fun to hear all about their preschool adventures. Line Leader IS big time. And Mads looks very grown up in these pics. Glad they have a train set and choc. milk at her school.

bgirl said...

yay mads! so so great!
the school sounds so nice with spanish! fun fun.

Sue said...

How exciting for all of you! School is the best - and TRAINS??? bet she died when she saw that!

Katie said...

wow, that is a busy day! sounds like fun, wish my days were so action-packed... :D

sonja said...

That is a pretty legit j-crew sweater

Unknown said...

Love that her first item is I played basketball! That's my girl. Her fudgies are to die for. And the pic of her hugging Allie, so sweet. Love, love!