Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sicky

At 4:00 this morning Maddie came into our room.

M: Mama, I have to go poop.

L: Okay Maddie, go ahead and go.

(Kip is waking up to go to work at this point so I stay in bed while he helps Maddie but I can still hear them talking)

K: Whoa Maddie, you are having some huge-y poops!

M: My tummy hurts. I have poop bubbles.

-------------

After this Maddie goes back to sleep for a few hours and then around 6:30 as I am getting ready for work she wakes up and says she's hungry. We go downstairs where she eats three little bowls of cereal and then off to Nonna's we go. Apparently as soon as I left Maddie began throwing up. When I got back and we were loading up in the car Maddie wanted to call her dad and tell him how she was feeling.

M: Dada, I grew up.

K: You grew up?

M: Yeah, I grew up out of my mouth.

Poor little bean! I think she's milking it now because every time I get ready to turn off the TV (which we don't watch a whole lot of) she tells me, "Mama, my tummy hurts." But fortunately everything is staying down now.

6 comments:

zaideafraidey said...

poor Mads, thank goodness she waited for the poop bubbles and "grewing" up till she got home!!! If she was sick over the weekend she is one tough nut, you would never have known, sorry to return a sickie to you.

Laurie said...

oh poor mouse. Growing up is NEVER fun. Liam tried to play the tummy ache card this morning before school. too bad for him I am under strict orders to ignore all claims of illness short of projectile vomiting. I'd totes have let him stay home with me :-)

bgirl said...

oh mads, no growing up!

Val said...

Poor girl! We milk sickness for all it is worth here too, and try to suck as much tv out of it as we can. Lauren & Maddie should hang out!

zaideafraidey said...

I love my days with the girls, we could have our own (not much watched tv show) So day two of sickieness we went off to Bell. Square to play on the toys. We get there and Hads has to go potty, I ask Mads but no go. We get out on the ferry boat, Mads is on the top deck and yells Zaide I have bubble poops, I whisk her off grap Allie with Hads in tow and run to the bathroom, only a slight accident, than we were back on the boats. Within a minute I get the call from Mads again and we repeat the routine, but this time Hads has no intention of joining us so is hollering at me all the way while I am racing with Mads who is crying "bubble poops". I learned the second time and we donned one of Allies dipes and all was well. I chuckle as I am not dressed like any of the Bellevue moms that are there and am crawling around on the floor chasing after the girls (and my nails are not manicured nor am I wearing Uggs!!)

Laurie said...

you definitely should have film of some of these moments. Racing to ward off bubble poops would be priceless. And you are WAY better looking than those Bellevue hooches.