Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Trains


Kip and I have been really excited to head up to Crystal to ski this year, so for a few months we've been planning on going up the day after Thanksgiving.  Our Turkey day was pretty mellow.  Kip went and got punched in the head and lip (hello turkey bowl), the girls and I went to the gym, and then we went to Chris' and Sophia's house for "Asian thanksgiving." The food was delicious, the company was interesting.  I can see now that my camera was commandeered at some point.  Our day was over by 3:00 PM.










Black Friday...

Friday morning we got up early and headed to the mountain.  I stood in line to get tickets for over thirty minutes.  Allie was done with skiing at that point.  She literally skied about five feet, threw a fit, and I carried her to the lodge.  Maddie on the other hand had a blast.  She did not want to quit.



On Saturday we went to visit the tree farm.  For the past three years we've heard "next year!" on whether or not the farm train will be running.  So, here's to hoping that the train is working next year.  Regardless Maddie got to switch the track, run around on the track and pick out our tree.





My mom is convinced that the only thing I did was point to the tree I wanted and then left.  Here's your proof mother:

And then finally, to cap the weekend off we went to go and play with trains at Nonna's house.  Uncle Chris and Maddie could probably sit there all day and watch the trains go round and round. 





4 comments:

Laurie said...

We sure missed you guys, but looks like you managed to have a fun time w/o us :-)

LOVE that Allie is my kind of skier --- in the lodge eating and drinking. And Maddie is so stinking cute with her little ski helmet. I will be looking for her in the 2020 Olympics

Sue said...

Boo! the movie was not working when I went on . . .

Unknown said...

What is it about Mads and her boots. Can't get enough of her! Glad you all had such a great time. As mom said, we missed you, but festive times had all around. Love the first ski trip!

bgirl said...

canNOT wait to watch the train go round and round!