Friday, February 3, 2012

34/366


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How amazing was the sunshine today?

I'm pretty sure we are a walking Pemco Insurance commercial.  We drove around with our windows down and no jackets on.  Speaking of no jackets...On Wednesday I took Allie to swimming and brought her down to the car with her bathing suit and a towel.  A neighbor was walking by, that we don't have the best of relationships with (Rudder jumped on her when he was a baby), so I said hi.  She commented that Allie was quite the talker.  I said, "yes she is.  She pretty much goes nonstop."  And then she commented on how chilly it was and I agreed.  I told her we were off to swimming.  And then she said, "Oh, i thought you were a bad mother since she didn't have a jacket."  I laughed.  I am a bad mother a lot of the time.  But don't I get one point for taking her to swim class?

Anyhow, back to today.  We played in the alley again.


And, another Pemco moment:


Yes, we had our ladies in the alley with us.  And Rudder. (Who could care less by the way...he only had eyes for his ball)


Allie said she wanted to hold a chicken.  A major milestone for this one.

But she was a faker.  I think she's a non-toucher just like her mama.



They're pretty cute I guess.


And then we had more races.  Allie LOVES to race.  I think we've got a future track star on our hands.  As long as she really is the UPS driver's daughter because Kip and I are not speedy.



And if riding bikes, playing with chickens, and racing isn't quite enough you go ahead and make a "fire" and roast marshmallows.


And while you're busy roasting, your auntie and uncle surprise you with a visit.  And even oblige you and chase you around for a bit.



Keep your fingers this warm weather stays around for a bit.  It makes everyone so happy. 

3 comments:

jillybean said...

The ladies look happy and content. I'm sure glad Maddie is socializing them. How nice that Seattle is having sunshine.

Meg said...

They are most def cute...from at least 12 feet away (the ladies, not YOUR ladies...yours are cute right up close). Looks like another fab day in the alley. And Maddie is perhaps the most adorable little chicken farmer in all of Seattle. She would be perfect for PEMCO's next commercial.

Laurie said...

you guys sure love that alley! And your neighbor sounds like a jerk. Don't talk to her any more.