Sunday, May 13, 2012

124/366

A little convo:

Kip and Maddie were downstairs in the basement watching TV.  Maddie's newest obsession/fear is robots.  Kip has a little space heater in his theater that one might creatively view as a robot. There have been many a discussion about it and it's robot status.

M: Dad is that a robot?
K: Yes
M: Is it a robot that just puts out heat?
K: Do you mean does it eat kids?
M: Maddie stopped, put her hands on her hips and said :Dad, this is not a time for jokes. We are talking about robots.


Another morning after coming into my room:


M: Mama, why do I always get these crumbs in my nose after I sleep?



And thank you to Jamie for cooking a fantastic breakfast, Sophia for cooking a fantastic lunch, and my mom for watching the girls while Kip and I went and shook it at the Century Ballroom



4 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh Kipper, you will never change will you? Always torturing the little girls.

Katie said...

love it.

and my mother is right, i feel like this conversation could have taken place ANY time in the past 36ish years, if you replace Maddie with any other girl in our family. ;)

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure that conversation is a repeat. Katie? Were you afraid of robots? Lis if your girls make it through to adulthood without needing therapy due to Kipper, I will be shocked. :)

Meg said...

A robot is most definitely no time for joking. Especially one with crumbs in its nose.